Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quiet Today

I am sitting here at home, quietly reading email, Facebook, and blogging...who ever would have thought! What a way to put down ideas and thoughts for the whole world to see. I can't believe the quiet. The cicadas and crickets are singing a chorus to me through the back patio window. It is getting dark so early. I am waiting for Doug to come home....no pets, no children, no noisy guitar playing or piano chords billowing from the other rooms, no TV on, just quiet and the soft clicking of the computer keys as I type. Why does the quiet make me slightly anxious? It's like I'm waiting for something to happen, or for someone to come home, to have company. It must be hard to be alone all of the time. I'm not used to it...though I've often longed for this. I will turn my attention to the message of the moment....the quiet message that this day is going quickly past me...this day I have had to enjoy and work and live. I give gratitude to God for the ability to reflect and then ENJOY the peace and the quiet. AMEN to that!

1 comment:

bs said...

Gail, I check your sunflowers every couple of weeks to keep up on you & your family. Last month I was worried to hear about your heart. Although I know of one other person who has had this and she is younger than you.
Loved to see the photo of you in the sunflowers in the gardens at the Bellagio. I treasure those times with CC K-Thetas AKA good friends. Think of all the milestones we all have shared with one another over the years.
As someone who does live alone, a big trick is to keep the TV or radio on in the background, so you don't feel the waiting. Otherwise you end up talking to the cat!!
Keep the faith, but I know you will.