Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I have been encouraged to keep writing!


Ever since I first had the conversation with my son, Michael, about writing my book many years ago, I have had an inkling that there are some thoughts, ideas, observations and lessons that I have learned that I could share with others.  I just haven't started yet...except on this blog.   

I haven't posted for a while, but... I am back! Yesterday I was talking with an old friend who also has longings to be a writer.  She told me that she went to a writer's workshop and one of the writers had said in a session, "If you have written about an experience that you've had as a woman...you can rest assured that there are other women who have had similar experiences and would benefit from your writing."  That comment inspired me to reconsider my life as a writer.  I am going to start here...on my blog...and then as I go forward, maybe some of it will become my book. It's good to start again.

2 comments:

Ter said...

Gail: It was so nice to meet you yesterday at Storyline. I saw this headline in your blog --and didn't realize at first that it wasn't from yesterday. I hope you will keep writing, I have only read three or so posts so far, but you have a great style. And I love what you have to say. (Not to mention that I am a huge lover of light and sunflowers). Keep at it. Don't share if you don't want to, but write, write, write. There is a devotional book in you and if you write the book you need to read, others will need to read it too. Good luck to you. I would love to stay in touch. I hope that you email me at terri@getoffgo.com sometime soon so we can be cheerleaders for each other.

Among the Sunflowers said...

Thank you Ter...I am working on it now!