Translate

Friday, January 23, 2015

Words are Inadequate to Express a Grandmother's Love



"When a loving child is by you, is the nearness only 
that you provide protection and help for that little one?
Rather, too, that in that little child you may find joy and 
cheer and comfort it its simplicity, its love, its trust.
So, too, it is in your power to comfort and 
bring joy to my heart."
- God Calling
July 27, 2013
What a perfect reading for me today! I looked at it and read it and tears began to form in my eyes as I heard Matt say, "Mom, are you up? Nina won't go back to sleep!"

So I open my arms and bring Nina close to my chest and breathe in her baby smell and feel
her chubby little hands reach up for my face as she breaks into a huge smile and crinkles up her nose. (Maybe it's my stinky morning breath, but she doesn't seem to mind much!)

It's true that being in the presence of a little one who loves you and adores you is so special.  It is love in its most basic and simple form...pure joy in your presence! I am blessed to be here with precious Nina, Matt and Amanda.  I think through my relationships with children in general and through these relationships...I have seen and known God, and because of that, I understand how God feels about me.

God is never too busy to answer the questions, (Grandma, why....?) (Grammi....) God shows no lack of patience for me as I continually seek the answers. I hope God has that "grandmotherly" patience for me. It seems like I have more patience now as a grandma than I did as a mom.  It swells up inside me and washes over me..."life is too short!"  and..."the moments pass so quickly".

I'm devouring every minute I am with these precious ones of mine.  I am sure God is his or her own way, too, devours each moment that we spend in His presence.

The feelings come and go and words are inadequate to express the love and joy I feel during the "times" I have.  I may not even have time to record them or even process them
because I am "in" them and they run trough me as my own life's blood.

Thank you, Lord, for this day and these moments!

My "Sunflower" Moments


No comments: