Translate

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So, it has to do with sunflowers....

Sunflowers are my very favorite flowers, they are big, bold, bright and beautiful. They grow in Spain where I visit frequently. I have seen fields and fields of them growing in rows and all facing the sun at the same time. I have had a passion for the symbolism of sunflowers for many years as they lift their faces to follow the light each day.

This I also strive to do. I hold my God up as the light, and follow with my face looking upward each day. Sunflowers can be a metaphor for so many things to me. I just can't forget the day that my son, Mike, took my picture in a field of sunflowers in Sepulveda, Spain. It was a moment of pure happiness for me, a time when I was enjoying the moment. This is something I forget to do now and then... to just enjoy the moment!

So much has happened in my life in the last few years. I have grown and I have learned many things. My lesson for today is that I must always live my life among the sunflowers. In the now, eyes focused upward, heart open to the light.

Peace for the day! Gail

No comments: