Translate

Friday, July 4, 2008

A Freedom only God can give

With a sickness in my entire body, I told him that he needed for look for another place to live. It was with much sadness that he left, taking with him many of his belongings, his car and guitar.  The house was quiet after he left, except for the sounds of my tears and those of his father.  

This morning during my devotions, God pointed me to a verse in Acts 20 verse 31-32:

 "Watch out! Remember the three years I was with you--my constant watch and care over you night and day, and my many tears for you.

And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all hose he has set apart for himself."

That is what I do today, I entrust him to God and trust that the message of grace will be able to build him up when my efforts always have failed.

I slept peacefully last night. Today is the 4th of July.  I am grateful for my freedom here in the USA.  I am free only through God in all other areas of my life.

No comments: