Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Second Chance

HOPE
Last night at a meeting, we were sharing our thoughts on someone's testimony.  A life lived trying to work the 12 steps, deal with the devastation of addiction and alcoholism, is shared and commented upon.  A wise woman who has lived the program for many years commented that although she hadn't always gotten things right with her daughter while she was growing up, she has learned a great deal along the way.  She feels that God gave her a second chance to get things "right" when He blessed her with grandchildren.  I was so touched by that thought.  I am soon going to be blessed with the birth of baby Jack.  With that life changing event, I will have a second chance for teaching, loving, acceptance and guidance.  I can let God handle the life of Michael and I need not obsess over it.  I must relinquish his life into the hands of the Holy Spirit.  My life focus at this moment will be new life, a fresh start, a second chance to be something special, something better for my grandson.  If God is willing to give me that gift.  I breathe deeply and TRUST HIM.  

No comments: