Translate

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Serenity and Sunflowers

His mercies begin afresh each morning.
Just one day after leaving, my son calls again and with tears and a contrite attitude, he asks if he can come home.  I say to him as only a mother can say, "Of course, come on home."

Yet even with some wonderful moments over the weekend, still the man-child is acting out. Police call, he comes in late.  His dad takes care of it so he won't get arrested and thrown into jail. (Controlling? Enabling?)  He is asleep in his room.  At least for this moment I know he is safe.  

Today I am just feeling so incredibly anxious.  Things are not going well in my home with my son and I know there is nothing I can do, there is no "thing" to do, there is only sitting and prayer and asking my Lord to lift me up and help me, to take this burden from me and at least share this heaviness of heart that I'm feeling.  

Psalm 5:1-3
O Lord, hear me as I pray
pay attention to my groaning.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God.
for I pray to no one but you.

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests 
to you and wait expectantly.


Somehow, someway, I know You have the answers that I need to stay "among the sunflowers".
That wonderful place of serenity that only You can give me today.  Yesterday in church, pastor spoke of the burdens of life and being able to carry them with You by our side.

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for  your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30 

When YOU take up this burden with me I know I can find that peace that passes all understanding.

No comments: