Translate

Monday, April 13, 2009

It came to me along time ago...

I had this vision about 5 years ago...and it was very meaningful to me.  I came across a written copy of it amongst some papers that I was cleaning out.  It has powerful images for me today as it did 5 years ago.

I had to fight off thoughts of school and home briefly and finally a sense of peace and calm and floating came to me.  I still felt pain in my shoulder but I didn't fight it, but accepted that it was an injury that existed.  "I am not my body" kept coming to me, so I was able to detach for a few moments from the physical part of me that often carries pain.  I felt very relaxed and open.

I imagine that I am sitting in Segovia, Spain...looking over the beautiful landscape from high up on the road.  I see the ancient "acueducto", the cathedral, the mountains in the distance.  I walk down a rugged dry dirt path to a small square, patio or plaza...alone there is no one there.  I sit on a small metal chair.  I sense beauty and peace, yet I do not notice details.  A figure dressed all in white appears, Christ himself, as I recognize him.  He approaches me and hands me a beautiful, whole, bright red  heart and gently places it in my hands.  He places his hands over mine around the heart and gives me a reassuring squeeze.  As he turns to leave, he looks me squarely in the eyes with confidence.  No words are spoken.  There is just the feeling of peace, healing and serenity.

Why did I find these thoughts, images, feelings written down, today?

I need to remember that Christ himself brings me a whole, unbroken, beautiful heart.  That he reaches out for me with his hands and reassures me.  That he looks me squarely in the eyes and without saying a word, gives me confidence.

This is powerful for me.  I am  prayerful and meditative today.  Wanting so much for life to be good, instead of taking life on life's terms.  Realizing that only Christ has the power to heal me, my broken heart, my eyes that don't see.

1 comment:

FURCOATSFORSPORTSMEN said...

I love you mom and im glad Christ can heal your wonderfully heart even though i know its broken, Literally, i know you want to help me but im doing just great and your prayers are always felt. YOur son